A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.
Griefing is not allowed on BlockBox. Griefers may be temporarily or permanently banned from the server depending on the severity of the offense. Any damage will be undone. Things considered griefing include:
- Modifying other players’ buildings without their consent
- Killing another player’s pets (cats, wolves, horses) without their consent
- Killing animals/harvesting crops of another player and not replacing what you take
- Building crude or offensive structures
- Severe damage to the terrain (TNT, floating trees, etc.)
- Attempting to frame another player for griefing
Note that destroying other players’ builds is only permitted on the BlockBox Freebuild world.
The global server chat is to be used for public conversations only. Private conversations and extended conversations in languages other than English should be carried out with /msg or through another service (Skype, Discord DMs, email, etc.) For your own privacy, do not give out any sensitive information through the server.
- Flooding (sending a large number of chat messages in a short time)
- Advertising of other Minecraft servers
- Excessive offensive language
- Offensive or derogatory language targeted at another player
- Threats or harassment of other players
- Links to illegal content, shock sites, or pornographic material
- Asking for ranks (this does not apply to building ranks)
- Requesting that another player be banned/demoted
Client modifications that give you a large advantage over other players or affect normal server operation are prohibited. However, we do support a few useful mods to enhance your overall experience on the server.
If you discover a duplication bug, protection bypass or other security vulnerability, do not abuse it. Report it to a staff member right away. Attempting to exploit a vulnerability in a BlockBox service to gain unauthorized access, inhibit server performance, cause downtime, or cause data loss or corruption will result in a permanent, non-negotiable account ban, as well as an IP ban from all BlockBox services.
This rule is the most important, and also the most simple: treat others how you want to be treated, and you shouldn’t have any problems with the rules. 🙂